JCB DUPLEX ROLLER VMD62 (OPERATOR MANUAL)
FOREWORD TO THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL
This instruction manual is intended to make it easier to get to know JCB Duplex Roller VMD62 and to use it for the applications for which it was intended.
The instruction manual includes important notes on operating the machine safely, properly and economically. Observing these notes will help to avoid danger, to reduce repair costs and downtime and to increase the reliability and service life of the machine.
The instruction manual must always be available at the site of application of the machine.
BASICS; USE AS INTENDED
1. JCB Duplex Roller VMD62 is built according the state of the art and in accordance with the recognized safety rules. Nevertheless, its use can cause danger to life and limb of the user or third parties or damage to the machine and other material assets.
2. Use the Duplex Roller only when it is in technically perfect condition. Use it in the manner for which it was intended. Be aware of safety measures and possible hazards. Always observe the instruction manual. In particular, immediately eliminate faults which could impair safety (or have them eliminated).
3. The machine is intended only for compacting beds of earthy building materials when running over the subgrade in the forward or reverse direction with or without vibration.
These building materials include soil types ranging from stones to silty sand and having water contents ranging from 40% to 110% of the optimum water content according to the standard Proctor test as given in DIN 18127.
Fine–grained soils or soils having higher water contents require a qualified trial compaction.
The machine is intended to be used only on a subgrade gradient up to the permissible gradient.
GENERAL DESING STRUCTURE
JCB Duplex Roller VMD62 consists of the lower section and the spring mounted upper section with guiding bar.
The lower section comprises the following construction groups:
– The roller frame consists of two lateral cheeks and two bolted on cross members.
– The exiter is as a cross member in the center, bolted on between the two cheeks.
– The drums are seated with anti–friction bearings in the two lateral cheeks.
– The adjustable, rigid scrapers are equipped with vulkollan strips and are situated at the front and rear at each drum.
The upper section comprises the following construction groups:
– In the lower section, the engine plate is suspended in a vibration–proof manner by means of 4 elastic suspensions. It carries the engine as well as the water tank and each one sprinkling tube for every drum.
Find more manuals for JCB Industrial machines here.
Link to JCB Construction website is here.