JCB FORK POSITIONER (OPERATION MANUAL)
OPERATION MANUAL FOR JCB FORK POSITIONER.
Total Pages: 138
JCB FORK POSITIONER
To operate the JCB Fork Positioner efficiently and safely you must know the equipment and have the skill to use it. You must also be a competent operator of the appropriate carrier machine.
About this Manual
This manual details the relevant use and maintenance procedures for the JCB Fork Positioner. This document is not a training manual. If you are a new operator, get yourself trained in the skills to use the attachments before trying to work with it. If you don’t, you will not do your job well, and you will be a danger to yourself and the people around you.
The safety information included is directly relevant to operation and maintenance of the attachment. General safety information, and that relevant to the carrier machine is not included. For details about safe operation of the carrier machine, refer to the relevant machine Operator Manual.
Attachments Operation Guidance
– Note the safe load indicator in the carrier machine will only warn of longitudinal stability
– Start to lift the load and observe the safe load indicator if installed
– Reduce the amount lifted if necessary, remember additional lift capacity is required if the load has to be placed forward
– The additional weight of the attachment must be removed from the safe working load chart to find the safe load
– Always drive with the load as low as possible especially on slopes and when turning
– Always drive at a speed to suit the conditions
– Some loads will reduce forward visibility, plan the work to reduce the risk to operators, bystanders and property
– Plan the work to minimise hazards, load trailers away from blanks, ditches, soft ground and overhead power lines
– remember the maximum lift height of the carrier machine is to the fork lift tines
– Do not stack loose items above the load guard or at the back of the attachment
– Always park the carrier machine with the attachment or store the attachment in a safe area
– The life of the attachment will be extended by washing after use and greasing
Care and Safety of Hoses
Make sure you have a competent knowledge and training of hydraulic maintenance before attempting to change or repair a hose. Routine maintenance should include checking the hoses of the machine. If a hose is found with any fault it must be changed. If you find a hose which is weeping or leaking you must stop the machine, identify the root cause of the problem and rectify the problem before starting work again. If you cannot find the root cause seek advise from your JCB dealer. Some examples of these are shown in the following six points, however these are not totally comprehensive.
Find more manuals for JCB Industrial machines here.
Link to JCB Construction website is here.
There are no reviews yet.