JCB HYDRAULIC EARTH AUGER (OPERATOR MANUAL)
To operate a JCB Hydraulic Earth Auger efficiently and safely you must know the equipment and have the skill to use it.
This manual details the relevant use and maintenance procedures for the JCB Hydraulic Earth Auger. Although some guidance on using the tool is given, this document is not a training manual. If you are a new operator, get yourself trained in the skills of using the tool before trying to work with it. If you don’t, you will not do your job well, and you will be a danger to yourself and the people around you. The safety information included is directly relevant to operation and maintenance of the tool.
The JCB Hand-held Earth Auger is a hydraulically operated tool designed to be used with JCB Power Packs. It is intended to be used for boring holes in soil type ground, for the purpose of setting fence posts or crumbling soil type ground for planting trees or shrubs. The tool is powered by a hydraulic motor, which provides more torque than a petrol engine. The use of a hydraulic motor makes the tool a strictly two-man operation, with one operative operating the control valve lever of the auger, while the other provides stability for the tool.
The hydraulic motor powers the auger when the control valve lever is pulled towards the handle or pushed away from the handle. The auger bores in an anti-clockwise direction when the control valve lever is pulled towards the handle, and bores in a clockwise direction when the control valve lever is pushed away from the handle.
The lack of a directly mounted engine makes the tool particularly portable and manoeuvrable, as well as quiet in operation.
The tool is supplied as a complete unit with hoses and Quick release couplings.
The JCB Hydraulic Earth Auger is supplied as follows:
1 Auger Head.
2 Tail Hoses.
4 Operator Handbook.
Using the Earth Auger
Make sure that you have had adequate training and that you are confident in your ability to operate the tool safely before you use it.
Some guidance and procedures for using the tool efficiently and safely are given below:
– Before using the earth auger make sure all controls are working properly.
– Ensure the coupling hoses are clean and free from grit.
– Never operate a earth auger that is damaged, improperly adjusted or not completely and securely assembled.
– Use only JCB approved attachments and auger flights that are approved for hand-held earth augers.
– Never modify or use a modified earth auger.
– Do not operate the earth auger when you are tired.
– Never operate the tool without a second operative.
– Only personnel with suitable training/knowledge are to operate and maintain the tool.
– Keep the handles dry, clean and free of oil and grease.
Find more manuals for JCB Industrial machines here.
Link to JCB Construction website is here.