STEYR STAGE IV TRACTOR 6185 CVT, 6200 CVT, 6220 CVT, 6240 CVT
SERVICE MANUAL FOR STEYR STAGE IV TRACTOR 6185 CVT, 6200 CVT, 6220 CVT, 6240 CVT
Total Pages: 4643.
Basic instructions – Important notice regarding equipment servicing
All repair and maintenance work listed in this manual for STEYR STAGE IV TRACTOR 6185 CVT, 6200 CVT, 6220 CVT, 6240 CVT must be carried out only by qualified dealership personnel, strictly complying with the instructions given, and using, whenever possible, the special tools.
Anyone who performs repair and maintenance operations without complying with the procedures provided herein shall be responsible for any subsequent damages. The manufacturer and all the organizations of its distribution chain, including – without limitation – national, regional, or local dealers, reject any responsibility for damages caused by parts and/or components not approved by the manufacturer, including those used for the servicing or repair of the product manufactured or marketed by the manufacturer.
In any case, no warranty is given or attributed on the product manufactured or marketed by the manufacturer in case of damages caused by parts and/or components not approved by the manufacturer.
The information in this manual is up-to-date at the date of the publication. It is the policy of the manufacturer for continuous improvement. Some information could not be updated due to modifications of a technical or commercial type, or changes to the laws and regulations of different countries.
In case of questions, refer to your STEYR Sales and Service Networks.
Rotating shaft seals
For correct rotating shaft seal installation, proceed as follows:
1. Before assembly, allow the seal to soak in the oil it will be sealing for at least thirty minutes.
2. Thoroughly clean the shaft and check that the working surface on the shaft is not damaged.
3. Position the sealing lip facing the fluid.
NOTE: With hydrodynamic lips, take into consideration the shaft rotation direction and position the grooves so that they will move the fluid towards the inner side of the seal.
4. Coat the sealing lip with a thin layer of lubricant (use oil rather than grease). Fill the gap between the sealing lip and the dust lip on double lip seals with grease.
5. Insert the seal in its seat and press down using a flat punch or seal installation tool. Do not tap the seal with a hammer or mallet.
6. While you insert the seal, check that the seal is perpendicular to the seat. When the seal settles, make sure that the seal makes contact with the thrust element, if required.
7. To prevent damage to the seal lip on the shaft, position a protective guard during installation operations.
Lubricate the O-ring seals before you insert them in the seats. This will prevent the O-ring seals from overturning and twisting, which would jeopardize sealing efficiency.
Apply a sealing compound on the mating surfaces when specified by the procedure. Before you apply the sealing compound, prepare the surfaces as directed by the product container.
Only use CNH Original Parts or STEYR Original Parts for STEYR STAGE IV TRACTOR 6185 CVT, 6200 CVT, 6220 CVT, 6240 CVT.
Only genuine spare parts guarantee the same quality, duration, and safety as original parts, as they are the same parts that are assembled during standard production. Only CNH Original Parts or STEYR Original Parts can offer this guarantee.
When ordering spare parts, always provide the following information:
• Machine model (commercial name) and Product Identification Number (PIN)
• Part number of the ordered part, which can be found in the parts catalog