STEYR STAGE IV TRACTORS 6270 TERRUS CVT [ZFEX50001 – ZGEX50841], 6270 TERRUS CVT [ZGEX50842 – ZGEX51829], 6270 TERRUS CVT CVT [ZGEX51830 – ], 6300 TERRUS CVT [ZFEX50001 – ZGEX50841], 6300 TERRUS CVT [ZGEX50842 – ZGEX51829], 6300 TERRUS CVT [ZGEX51830 – ]
Foreword – Important notice regarding equipment servicing
All repair and maintenance work listed in this manual for STEYR STAGE IV TRACTOR 6270 TERRUS CVT, 6300 TERRUS CVT must be carried out only by qualified dealership personnel, strictly complying with the instructions given, and using, whenever possible, the special tools.
Anyone who performs repair and maintenance operations without complying with the procedures provided herein shall be responsible for any subsequent damages. The manufacturer and all the organizations of its distribution chain, including – without limitation – national, regional, or local dealers, reject any responsibility for damages caused by parts and/or components not approved by the manufacturer, including those used for the servicing or repair of the product manufactured or marketed by the manufacturer.
In any case, no warranty is given or attributed on the product manufactured or marketed by the manufacturer in case of damages caused by parts and/or components not approved by the manufacturer.
The manufacturer reserves the right to make improvements in design and changes in specifications of STEYR STAGE IV TRACTOR 6270 TERRUS CVT, 6300 TERRUS CVT at any time without notice and without incurring any obligation to install them on units previously sold. Specifications, descriptions, and illustrative material herein are as accurate as known at time of publication but are subject to change without notice.
In case of questions, refer to your STEYR Sales and Service Networks.
Torque – Standard torque data for hydraulic connections
• Hydraulic connections require a minimum assembly torque in order to provide zero leakage at rated pressure with adequate fatigue resistance. Over-torquing of a hydraulic connection can also lead to leakage or failure. For some connections, STEYR requires a different torque value than is listed in the ISO and SAE standards.
• The torque values in this document should be used whenever possible or applicable. NOTICE: Always follow the instructions in this manual for specific torque values when you service components. The information in this section is for general guidance only when a procedure contains no specific torque value.
• The tolerance for all torque values is ± 10%. This tolerance must include all assembly variation, not only the torque wrench repeatability.
Application of grease or other lubricants to hydraulic connectors should be avoided. If clean hydraulic oil is already on the connection, it is not required to remove the oil. Generally, application of grease:
• May cause a significant change in the torque required to properly tighten the connection.
• May reduce the connection’s resistance to vibration.
• Excessive grease may displace an elastomer seal during tightening.
• Grease extrusion when connection is tightened may be mistaken for leakage.
STEYR products generally use O-Ring Boss (ORB) connectors that have Teflon™-coated O-rings, eliminating the need for O-ring lubrication during installation. For connections which are made into aluminum manifolds or with stainless steel connectors, it may be required to apply a lubricant to prevent galling.
Use of LOCTITE® and other thread-locking compounds is prohibited. These compounds:
• May cause a significant change in the torque required to properly tighten the connections.
• Reduce the serviceability of the joint.
• May prevent the O-ring from properly sealing if the compound gets on the O-ring.