STEYR TRACTOR 4085, 4095, 4105 (SERVICE MANUAL)
SERVICE MANUAL FOR STEYR TRACTOR 4085, 4095, 4105
Total Pages: 2429.
About this Manual
The manuals contains instructions for maintenance and repair procedures for STEYR TRACTOR 4085, 4095, 4105.
Before commencing any work on the vehicle, always disconnect and isolate the negative lead from the battery, unless otherwise indicated for a specific operation (for example: an operation to be carried out with the engine running), on completion of which the negative lead should be disconnected before proceeding with the work.
At each adjustment, select the shims measuring them one at a time with a micrometer and summing the values obtained: do not measure the complete pack of shims all together or rely on the nominal values indicated on the shims as these could produce incorrect measurements.
ROTATING SHAFT SEALS
For correct rotating shaft seal installation, proceed as follows:
• before assembly, allow the seal to soak in the oil it will be sealing for at least thirty minutes;
• thoroughly clean the shaft and check that the working surface on the shaft is not damaged;
• position the sealing lip facing the fluid; with hydrodynamic lips, take into consideration the shaft rotation direction and position the grooves so that they will deviate the fluid towards the inner side of the seal;
• coat the sealing lip with a thin layer of lubricant (use oil rather than grease) and fill the gap between the sealing lip and the dust lip on double lip seals with grease;
• insert the seal in its seat and press down using a flat punch; do not tap the seal with a hammer or mallet;
• whilst inserting the seal, check that it is perpendicular to the seat; once settled, make sure that it makes contact with the thrust element, if required;
• to prevent damaging the seal lip on the shaft, position a protective guard during installation operations.
Lubricate the O-RING seals before inserting them in the seats, this will prevent them from overturning and twisting, which would jeopardise sealing efficiency. Apply one of the following sealing compounds on the mating surfaces marked with an X: RTV 1473, RHODORSIL® CAF 1or LOCTITE PLASTIC GASKET.
Before applying the sealing compound, prepare the surfaces as follows:
• remove any incrustations using a wire brush;
• thoroughly de-grease the surfaces using one of the following cleaning agents: trichlorethylene, petrol or a water and soda solution.
When installing bearings it is advised to:
• heat the bearings to 80 ÷ 90 °C before fitting on the shafts;
• allow the bearings to cool before installing them.
You can find more manual for Steyr Tractors here
The manufacturer’s website is here